1. The Horrors “So Now You Know” (XL) – Expansive, full, atmospheric, lots of chiming guitar and synths. What is not to like about this new song from The Horrors from their brand new album “Luminous”! It has a danceable spacey quality a full and satisfied feeling! This is my song pick of the week.
2. Lykke Li “No Rest for the Wicked” (LL) – Swedish pop extraordinaire brings her craft to the forefront. Blending a beautiful piano line and vocals on this atmospheric anthemic gem. This is a poignant and beautiful track from the new album “I Never Learn”. Listen here.
3. Zhu “Cocaine Model” – This deep chill house track is danceable and is chilling. There are cool synths and soulful R&B vocals that put this on a plane by itself. It’s a great little track for the ride!
4. Thee Oh Sees “Encrypted Bounce” (Castle Face) – Guitar rock, straight ahead, swirly, thumping base, a nice rhythm guitar line and female voice with whiny little guitar licks in the background. This frolicks and dances and jams with you. Great new song!
5. French for Rabbits “ Goat” – Here is a cool ethereal indie folk tune from this band from New Zealand with lots to like. The female vocals riding bass and guitar line go nicely together. Great tune.